- SEAN CLINKSCALES, Sr., RB/FS (5-10, 185)
- EXODUS ROSADO, Sr., RB/LB (5-8, 170)
- TYLER SEMONICH, Sr., QB/DB (6-0, 165)
As sophomores, Exodus Rosado and Sean Clinkscales saw significant time as starters on defense. Now, as the lone experienced players on the roster, they will be expected the lead the way in 2021. The duo will also comprise Torrington’s offensive backfield alongside senior QB Tyler Semonich in the single wing offense.
To have success with the single wing, Torrington will need a productive offense line. Even though it brings little experience, Torrington coach Gaitain Rodriguez believes in his squad.
“We feel good about the physical growth our (offensive line) has made since 2019,” he said. “We feel confident they will quickly pick up our schemes. This is a very teachable group.”
Torrington’s 6-4 finish in 2019 was the Raiders’ first winning record since they last reached the state playoffs in 2015. Torrington also managed to win the NVL Iron Division at 3-1, in spite of a forfeit loss to St. Paul.
If the Raiders want to at least duplicate that feat, they’ll have to do it vs. a schedule stacked with perennial NVL powers.
The Raiders kick off the season with four tough games vs. Holy Cross, Naugatuck, Seymour and Woodland. They will also have to face Ansonia and Wolcott on the road.
- Sept. 10 — HOLY CROSS, 7 p.m.*
- Sept. 17 — at Naugatuck, 7 p.m.**
- Sept. 24 — SEYMOUR, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 1 — at Woodland, 6 p.m.*
- Oct. 8 — DERBY, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 22 — at Kennedy, 7 p.m.*
- Oct. 29 — at Ansonia, 6:30 p.m.*
- Nov. 5 — ST. PAUL, 7 p.m.**
- Nov. 12 — at Wolcott, 6:30 p.m.**
- Nov. 25 — WATERTOWN, 10:15 a.m.**
Home games in CAPS
Please go to GametimeCT.com High School Sports to read full article.